The Saturn Cafe in Berkeley is now hiring a new Kitchen Assistant Manager!
Help Create traditional American comfort food with a vegetarian twist. Our menu features local and organic ingredients within a vibrant atmosphere. We believe that the health and happiness of our customers, our staff, and the business itself are inextricably linked and we are deeply committed to socially responsible and green business practices.
Position Summary: The Assistant Manager will assist and support the GM with all BOH operations. The Assistant Manager will also be responsible for training all kitchen staff and helping maintain labor percentages for BOH personnel. The Assistant Manager will also consistently implement company standards, including customer service and food quality. The Assistant Manager will assist the GM in maintaining inventory and controlling costs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum two (2) years restaurant line cook experience. Experience with prep, bake, and soup/ sauce is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the work location (Bilingual Spanish/English is required).
- Experience in various dining room and kitchen operation required. Familiarity with kitchen equipment preferred.
- Must possess a general knowledge of food and beverage procedures.
- Highly developed communication skills necessary.
- Candidate should be comfortable with the use of computers, including e-mail.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for extended periods of time. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays frequently – up to 40 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers and other employees.
To Apply: Please send plain text resume in the body of your email to email@example.com